2017 is coming to end and maybe this is the last article of 2017. Some of you guys who have updated their Samsung Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) to Nougat Android 7.1.1 are facing problem to root it. Though in my blog I have mentioned about the root method of Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016). So I find it is a nice time to share the root method of Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016). So if you have Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) SM-J510F which is running on Android Nougat or 7.1.1 then you can try this method to make it yourself.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) SM-J510F (Android 7.1.1)
Note: Make a backup of all files including APK, contacts, SMS etc.
A. Download tools
1. Odin3_v3.12.3.zip (Unzip it)
2. Samsung Kies
3. TWRP_3.0.2_SM_J5_2016_Nougat_7.1.1.tar (13.0 MB Size , Don’t Extract it) (UPDATED TWRP)
4. Super Su (Don’t Unzip it)
B. Enable Developer Option
- Go to Settings>>About Phone>>
- Then tap ‘Build number’ 7 times or until you get the message ‘You’re now a developer!’
- Go back to Settings, choose ‘Developer options’. Find the ‘USB debugging’ option and enable it.
- In the ‘Developer Option,’ you will also find the ‘OEM Unlocking’ option, just enable it.
C. Install Samsung Kies or Driver
Install the Samsung Kies and restart your PC, then connect your Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J510F with USB cable. It will configure driver automatically.
D. Transfer SuperSu
- Connect your phone to PC via USB Cable
- Transfer the SuperSu.zip file from your PC to the external memory of Samsung J5 (you can also copy to internal)
E. Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) SM-J510F
- Unzip Odin3_v3.12.3.zip
- Run as Administrator the Odin3.exe file
- Click on AP and browse TWRP_3.0.2_SM_J5_2016_Nougat_7.1.1.tar like this
- Now switch off your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) SM-J510F
- Then Press and hold the Power + Volume Down + Home button simultaneously until its screen off and boot into a blue screen showing Warning
- Now press Volume UP button to Continue…It will show like this
- Now connect your Phone to PC via USB Cable
- You will see that first box under ID:COM in odin is shaded mean driver properly installed
- Now click on the Start button on Odin
- It will few seconds, once its done, you will see green Pass like this
- The phone will automatically boot in android mode.
- You can now transfer or copy paste the SuperSu zip file to internal memory of phone
F. Root Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) SM-J510F by flashing SuperSu
- Switch off your device (You will feel a vibration mean completely switched off)
- Now press and hold Power+Volume Up+ Home button simultaneously until it boot up and show teamwin
- Tick on the check box of “Never show this screen during boot again”
- Then Swipe to allow modification
- Now tap on Install and browse the SuperSu.zip file (If you have put it in External then tap on Storage and browse it)
- Once you find the SuperSu.zip file just tap on it
- Now swipe to confirm flash
- Once the flashing process done, you will get successful message
- Now tap on Reboot system
- Your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) SM-J510F has been rooted.
To check whether your Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) SM-J510F has root access or not, just go to Google Play store and install Root Checker and run it.
For any problem just make a comment here. Happy rooting! 🙂
How to root Samsung J5 2016 Android Nougat
How to install TWRP recovery on Samsung J5 (2016) Android 7.1.1
Easy method to root Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) SM-J510F Nougat Version
How to Root Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) SM-J510F Android 7.1.1
(Visited 4,706 times, 7 visits today)