The success story of Moto G still continues with Moto G4 Plus or Moto G Plus, 4th Gen. So I think lets give a try to root it. In this tutorial How to Root Moto G4 Plus, I will show you an experimental way to Root Moto G4 Plus. In the Moto device rooting session, I had posted about how to root Moto G Pure Edition. Now this is rooting Moto G4 Plus. Basically rooting Moto phones are quite same, still this a detailed guide to Root Moto G4 Plus you can follow to Root Moto G4 Plus.
Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.
How To Root Moto G4 Plus XT1643 [100% Working]
NOTE: Backup all your files like photos, video, mp3 including contacts, SMS etc to your computer as unlocking the Moto G4 Plus Bootloader will completely wipe/delete all files on the device in step B.
A. Download tools
Download Universal Windows ADB Driver
Download Moto G4 Plus XT1643 TWRP (Unofficial)
Download Motorola Driver
Download ADB FASTBOOT FILES.zip
B. Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking
- Go to Settings > About phone, and then tap ‘Build number’ 7 times or until you get the message ‘You’re now a developer!’.
- Go back to Settings, choose ‘Developer options’. Find the ‘USB debugging’ option and enable it.
- In the ‘Developer Option’ you will also find the ‘OEM Unlocking’ option, just enable it. It will ask for your PIN/Screen unlock code to enable it.
C. File preparation
- Copy and paste the SuperSu Zip file to your Phone’s external memory from your PC.
- ADB FASTBOOT FILES.zip and select Extract to “ADB FASTBOOT FILES” folder
- Now put the twrp.img file in ADB FASTBOOT FILES folder.
D. Driver Installation on Moto G4 Plus or Moto G Plus, 4th Gen
Install Universal Windows ADB Driver on your PC, then install Motorola Driver and restart your PC.
E. Unlock the Bootloader in Moto G4 Plus Edition
- Connect your Moto G4 Plus to your PC via USB cable
- Once you connect to PC, you will get a pop up on your Moto G4 Plus
- Just tick the “Always allow from this computer ” check box and tap OK
- Open the “ADB FASTBOOT FILES” folder in your PC
- Inside the folder, hold “Shift” Key then right click and select “Open command Windows here”
- Now type this bellow command
- Now you will be able to see your device or Moto G4 Plus. Mean driver installed properly
- Now disconnect your Moto G4 Plus from PC, don’t close the command prompt.
- Put your device in fastboot mode (power off, then press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously).
- Now connect your phone to PC via USB
- Type this command and hit enter
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- It will return some strings
- Now right click inside the command prompt and choose Mark then select those 6 line returning strings and hit enter on Keyboard to copy those lines
- Now open this link and paste there like this
- Now hit Format my data and you will get like this
- Just copy this whole text and paste it on a note pad
- Go to this link and create and Motorola account, if you already have then skip this step
- Now open this link on your browser, and paste the text that you copied on step 16 like this.
- Click on “Can my device be unlocked“
- Then choose agree and click on Request Unlock Key
- Now you will receive unlock key via email. Just copy the Unlock Code from mail
- Now type this command with your unlock key, here XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is example unlock key
fastboot oem unlock XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- It will return unlock successfully, mean bootloader is unlocked
- Now grab the phone and tap the power button to start. You will get an warning and it will boot to android.
- Disconnect your Phone from PC and don’t close the CMD Window
Now your Bootloader is unlocked in Moto G4 Plus. Don’t close the CMD Window
F. Install TWRP recovery and flash SuperSu to Root Moto G 4 Plus
- Just check USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking in turn on
- Now connect your Moto G 4 Plus to PC via USB
- In the command prompt type this and hit enter
adb reboot bootloader
- Your phone will reboot and boot into bootloader mode,
- Type this command and hit enter, just make sure twrp.img file is in ADB FASTBOOT folder
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- It will return to finish once the flashing process complete
- Now take your phone and use Volume UP or down Key to navigate “RECOVERY MODE”
- Once you find RECOVERY MODE just press Power button to enter in recovery mode
- You will see TWRP recovery mode.
- Now make a backup of your current ROM in external sd card, If you don’t know how to backup ROM via TWRP then Google it!
- Now tap on Install then browse and select BETA-UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.62.3.zip (If you put in external then browse external)
- Swipe to confirm the flash
- Once done do Wipe Dalvik & Cache then tap on Reboot System To Restart
- Your Moto G4 Plus is now rooted.
- To check whether Moto G4 Plus has root access or not, just go to Google Play Store and install Root Checker and run it.
Hope you have understood this guide, so go and Root Moto G4 Plus. In case, any confusion or problem regarding Root Moto G4 Plus just comments here. If you got success to Root Moto G4 Plus then also comment here, it will help other users!!
Easy way to root moto G4 Plus XT1643
How to root Moto G Plus 4th Generation XT1643
Working TWRP for Moto G4 Plus XT1643
Install custom Recovery in Moto G4 Plus XT1643
Step by Step method to Root Moto G4 Plus
Working method to Root Moto G4 Plus
New method to Root Moto G4 Plus
How To Root Moto G4 Plus XT1643 [100% Working]
How To Root Moto G4 Plus XT1643 [100% Working]. Easy step by step method to unlock bootloader and install TWRP the flash superSu on Moto G Plus, 4th Gen.