Hello guys, after a long time I am writing this post as one my friend recently bought Xiaomi Redmi 3S and he wants to root the phone to explore more. After the success of Redmi Note 3, Redmi 3S and3S Prime is really a good budget phone. Though I highly recommend not rooting android device within the warranty period. Still, if you have Redmi 3S or Redmi 3S prime then you can follow this tutorial to root Redmi 3S/ 3S Prime.
Warning: Flashing can potentially brick or bootloop your device. We don’t hold any responsibility for any error or problem caused by following this guide. Do with your own risks. This root method for Snapdragon variant of Redmi 3S/ 3S Prime.
How to Root Redmi 3S /3S Prime
NOTE: Make a backup of all your data including msg, contacts files, images etc.
A. Download Tools
Download the MiUnlock application from here : http://en.miui.com/unlock/
TWRP INSTALLER https://goo.gl/bUiylm
SuperSU : https://goo.gl/7T8gXX
B. Unlock bootloader
- Unzip the MiFlashUnlock_1.1.0317.1_en.zip file
- Run the MiFlashUnlock.exe , and sign in with your Mi Account
- Shut down your phone manually, and hold Volume down key and Power button to enter Fastboot mode;
- Connect your phone to PC using USB cable and click “Unlock”.
- Once the unlock process completed just hit the reboot button
D. Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock
- Enable Developer option- Goto Settings > About phone > tap MIUI version 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging- Goto Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > USB Debugging and enable it.
- Enable OEM Unlock – Goto Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > Enable OEM Unlock.
E. Install TWRP Recovery and flash SuperSu to root Redmi 3S
- First, copy and paste the SuperSu.zip file from your PC to Mobile.
- Shut down your phone manually, and hold Volume down key and Power button to enter Fastboot mode.
- Connect your Phone to PC via USB cable.
- Unzip the TWRP Installer.zip file, and inside you will get FLASHER TOOLKIT LANDv1.bat file.
- Run the FLASHER TOOLKIT LANDv1.bat file.
- Now press any key to continue.
- To install TWRP type 1 and hit enter.
- Now follow the on screen instruction, basically you need to press any key to continue.
- Once the whole process done you will end up in TWRP recovery mode on your phone.
- Now in TWRP before installing SuperSu just make a backup of your current ROM.
- Once you have done back up tap on install the browse the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip.
- Just swipe to install SuperSu.
- Once the flashing proces done tap on reboot system.
- First boot may take longer time so don’t be worry. Now your phone is rooted.
- Install Root Checker and whether Redmi 3S rooted or not.
(Visited 23,035 times, 9 visits today)