Hello, guys, I am back with another rooting tutorial. This time market beast Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, the successor of Redmi Note 3. Redmi Note 4 is a great phone as like Redmi Note 3. It comes in three variant on parameter or RAM. So in this post, I am going show you how to root Redmi Note 4 in easy steps. If you previously own Redmi Phones then this might be easier. Still here is the guide for you.
Warning: Flashing can potentially brick or bootloop your device. We don’t hold any responsibility for any error or problem caused by following this guide. Do with your own risks. This root method for Snapdragon variant of Redmi Note 4.
How to Root Redmi Note 4
NOTE: Make a backup of all your data including msg, contacts files, images etc.
A. Download Tools
Download and install Universal ADB Driver
Download TWRP Recovery (Updated)
Download lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip (Don’t unzip it)
Download Mi Unlock Tool
B. File Preparation
- Unzip platform-tools-latest-windows.zip and you will get platform-tools
- Just copy-paste the twrp.img file into the platform-tools Folder.
- Install the ADB Driver in your PC
C. Unlock bootloader in Redmi Note 4
- Go to MiUnlock, Sign in with your Mi ID and request for Bootloader unlock with proper reason.
- You will confirmation on your mobile via SMS after few days.
- Once you get confirmation Unzip the MiFlashUnlock_1.1.0317.1_en.zip file
- Run the MiFlashUnlock.exe , and sign in with your Mi-Account
- Shut down your phone manually, and hold Volume down key and Power button to enter Fastboot mode;
- Connect your phone to PC using USB cable and click “Unlock”.
- Once the unlock process completed just hit the reboot button
D. Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock
- Enable Developer option- Goto Settings > About phone > tap MIUI version 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging- Goto Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > USB Debugging and enable it.
- Enable OEM Unlock – Goto Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > Enable OEM Unlock.
E. Install TWRP Recovery in Redmi Note 4
- Copy paste the SuperSu zip and lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip files from your PC to internal memory of Redmi Note 4.
- Switch of your Redmi Note 4
- Now press and hold Power + Vol DOWN until it boots into fastboot mode
- Now connect your Redmi Note 4 to PC via USB cable.
- Open the platform-tools Folder.
- Inside the folder, hold “Shift” Key then right click and select “Open command Windows here”.
- Now enter this command.
- If its properly connected to your PC it will show your device with some alphanumeric character
- Now its time to flash TWRP, so run this command( Make sure twrp.img file is present in the ADB folder like I have done in Step B)
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once flashing done don’t switch on or switch off your device
- Now Press and hold Power+ Vol Up buttons (Note its Vol Up not like Vol Down in step E.3)
- It will boot into TWRP Mode
F. Install SuperSu and Root Redmi Note 4
- Select the language and then Swipe to allow modification then mount the storage like this.
- Now go to the main menu
- Click on Backup and make a backup of current ROM for safety. You can skip this!
- If the backup process is done again go to the main menu and tap on Install
- Then browse the SR3-SuperSU-v2.79-SR3-20170114223742.zip and swipe to Install
- Once the flashing process has done, again tap on Install
- Now browser lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip and install it
- Now tap on Reboot System
- Your device will reboot and it rooted now.
- Install Root Checker and whether Redmi Note 4 rooted or not.
Working method to Root Redmi Note 4
Easy way to Root Redmi Note 4
How can I Root Redmi Note 4
Rooting method of Redmi Note 4 Indian variant
(Visited 32,554 times, 11 visits today)