Recently I have purchased Xiaomi Redmi 5A as my LeEco Le Max 2 seems big phone for my hand and daily use. I was looking for compact 5-inch display phone but in the market, most of the phones are 5.5 Inch or above. Not only this I was also looking for a budget phone and Redmi 5A draws my attraction. So if you are also looking for a budget compact phone then Redmi 5A is the best option. After purchasing this Redmi 5A I used my rooting hand on it. So if you are also looking for rooting method of Redmi 5A then you can try this. Here I have discussed the step by step method to root Redmi 5A. Go and try it if you want to.
Warning: Flashing can potentially brick or bootloop your device. We don’t hold any responsibility for any error or problem caused by following this guide. Do with your own risks. This root method for all RAM variant of Redmi 5A.
How to Root Redmi 5A
NOTE: Make a backup of all your data including msg, contacts files, images etc.
A. Download Tools
B. File Preparation
- Install the ADB Driver in your PC and reboot it
- Unzip ADB.zip and you will get ADB Folder
- Rename twrp-3.2.1-0-riva.img to twrp.img
- Now copy paste the twrp.img inside the ADB Folder
C. Unlock bootloader in Redmi 5A
- Go to MiUnlock, Sign in with your Mi ID and request for Bootloader unlock with proper reason.
- You will get confirmation on your mobile via SMS after few days.
- Once you get confirmation Unzip the miflash_unlock-en-2.3.803.10.zip file
- Run the MiFlashUnlock.exe , and sign in with your Mi-Account
- Shut down your phone manually.
- Now hold Volume down key and Power button to enter Fastboot mode;
- Connect your phone to PC using USB cable and click “Unlock”.
- Once the unlock process completed just hit the reboot button
D. Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock
- Enable Developer option- Goto Settings > About phone > tap MIUI version 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging- Goto Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > USB Debugging and enable it.
- Enable OEM Unlock – Goto Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > Enable OEM Unlock.
E. Install TWRP Recovery in Redmi 5A
- Now connect your Redmi 5A to PC via USB cable.
- Copy Paste the Magisk Zip and lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip to your Phone internal memory
- Open the ADB Folder.
- Inside the folder, hold “Shift” Key then right click and select “Open command Windows here”.
- The Command prompt will open.
- Now switch off your device completely
- Then press and hold Vol Down and Power button until it boots up in fastboot mode.
- Now run the below command. If driver properly installed it will show your device with some alphanumeric character
- Now its time to flash TWRP, so run this command (Make sure twrp.img file is present in the ADB folder )
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once the flashing process has completed, press and hold Power + Vol Up button unless you see TWRP Recovery
F. Install SuperSu and Root Redmi 5A
- Tap on install and choose lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip
- Once it has done tap on Reboot System
- Then Uncheck “Prompt to install TWRP app if not installed” and “Install as system app“
- Now tap on Do not install
- Again boot into TWRP just by switching off your device then press and hold Power + Vol Up button
- You are now on TWRP, tap on install
- Browse the Magisk zip file and swipe to Install
- As soon as it flashed tap on Reboot to system
- The booting process may take 5 to 10 minutes.
- Install Magisk Manager and Root Checker then check whether Redmi 5A rooted or not.
Working method to Root Redmi 5A
Easy way to Root Redmi 5A
How can I Root Redmi 5A
Rooting method of Redmi 5A Indian variant
(Visited 636 times, 1 visits today)